Monday, February 8, 2010

The Mountain

Facebook is full of really annoying applications. I ignore, hide, and block most of them. But one that I personally like is "God wants you to know". I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but for me it's something that help give me faith during the week. Even though I know it's random and cheesy it's scary that sometimes they are exactly what I need to hear at that moment.

Here's mine from yesterday.

"On this day, God wants you to know...
... that recession is also a time of great opportunity. Time and time again success has its roots in failure, because failure knocks you down from top of the hill so you can then climb a mountain. Yes it's unsettling, yes it's scary. But this can be your greatest opportunity in life, - if you choose it. The recession has cleared the space of clutter, - think what have you always wanted to do but brushed aside from the top of your hill? Now is the time..."

I have been feeling like a huge failure recently. I blame it on my lack of involvement in things outside of the home. Or maybe it's because I'm slightly envious of all the things my husband has accomplished and will be accomplishing over the next few months. Either way I've decided it's time to do something for myself. To do something and actually stick with it. To not give up. To not feel like a failure anymore. When we move in a few months I will be going back to school. I don't want it to take away from my kids so I'll probably stick with online classes for now. Part of me feels like it's pointless to be doing this because I want to be a SAHM. I don't want to go back to work, they are my "job". But I need to do this for me. For me to feel like I accomplished something other then being a mommy and wife.

So this cheesy aaplication is like a little push or sign to go forward with my decision. Now to only figure out what I want to go back to school for. I am praying about it. I've given it to God and I know he will help me climb the mountain.

1 comments:

julie said...

I need to go find that application